Friday, January 14, 2011

Sick...

I don't know what I ate but....I have horrible nausea, stomachache...and all the goodness that comes with food poisoning.

So I wake up in the middle of the night and I am FREEZING! I cannot stop shivering starting from my head all the way down to my toes. It was so scary because I had no control of the shivering! Apparently I was burning up to the touch though. (Thank you J for keeping me alive and taking such good care of me!) I really really had to go to the bathroom too but I didn't want to just thinking about how much colder it would be outside of the bed. But I went anyway, and my goodness, that toilet seat was like sitting on ice! I shivered my way back to the bed and I kept on shaking and I think it lasted for a long time until I finally fell back asleep.
In the morning was horrible too, I was still so cold. Then my stomach hurt real bad and I was so nauseated.

Two days later, I still have the symptoms and I made a ginger tea from this recipe I found from google, because since ginger is supposed to help with digestive, stomach pain/problems. I improvised by adding jujubes and lemon peels. Jujubes are supposed to help you distress, and I felt like being fancy too. hehehe.

This is what they look like

Ingredients: ginger (as much as you want), about 2 quarts of water, Jujubes (I added 7 for luck), lemon peels
Directions: combine all ingredients into a pot and bring it to a boil and continue for 10-25 min, depending on your preference of the intensity of the ginger...it can get pretty spicy. I think I boiled for about 15...? Add honey and/or lemon juice to taste and drink up for that stomachache!

Super easy! I am going to be bottling this up and drinking it wherever I go until this sickness goes away. Ugh and I have to carry a bag with me everywhere too because I feel like throwing up so often.

You know what makes me really mad? I went to the gym and I couldn't do anything but sit on the stationary bike, pedaling very slowly, because I felt so sick to move.

I even took Nutrex Hemo-Rage Black Ultra Concentrate (Pre-Workout) and I was really excited.... ): Don't worry though, I only took 1/3 of the scoop! Ooh, by the way, got it free of charge from Nutrex, so I can write a review! Thank you Nutrex! (: So watch out for that, it should be coming soon!

I learned a lot from being sick though! I learned about pressure points that relieves nausea, which is the 'webbing' between your index finger and thumb. Theres many more, I like to call it the 'elbow pit'...or the inside of your elbows, or one finger length below your knee. I have been doing it constantly, and I think it's working! Another thing I learned is never to say I am so nauseous! Apparently it is one of the most mistaken things people say. It means that you make people throw up! haha. So you should say I have nausea, or I am nauseated.

Till next time,
E

p.s. I have one follower! Thank you Brandon Brown!

1 comment:

  1. Glad your feeling better!
    Thanks for posting the comment for the 15 dollar store on my blog. It would be helpful for my readers to know if I have had a good experience with any of the stores I post about.
    I have ordered from $15 store in the past and had a good experience. I just wish shipping would be around $5, instead of $10!
    Have a great day!
    Oh...I'll have to try some of those pressure points next time I'm sick!

    ReplyDelete